- 6 cups roughly chopped seedless watermelon, divided
- 3 cups cherry tomatos
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on spiciness preferance, add more/less)
- Feta cheese as desired
Put 5 1/2 cups of the watermelon, 2 1/2 cups of the tomatoes, shallots, oil, vinegar, the cilantro, salt and pepper into a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer puree to a strainer set over a large bowl and strain puree, pressing as much through as possible; discard solids. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Finely chop remaining 1/2 cup watermelon, 1/2 cup tomatoes and cayenne pepper toss together in a bowl. Pour chilled soup into bowls or glasses and top feta with watermelon-tomato-cayenne pepper mixture.